Re: postgres-fdw questions

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: postgres-fdw questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2014/1/24 Emmanuel Medernach <medernac@clermont.in2p3.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently testing postgres_fdw feature on PostgreSQL 9.3.2 and I have
> some questions:
>
>  - What are the limits to the number of foreign tables ?

As far as I know, there is no limit (beyond the usual PostgreSQL limits).

>  - What is the current status about foreign joins push-down ?

Unless I'm mistaken (and no doubt someone will correct me if I am),
joins cannot be pushed down yet, only WHERE clauses for individual foreign
table rows.

To quote this article about PostgreSQL 9.3: http://lwn.net/Articles/550418/
  'More work needs to be done in this area to make this a full "big data"
  solution, however; Hanada hopes to add "push down" of joins, sorts,
  and aggregates in future versions of PostgreSQL."

See also this thread:

  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20131121150515.GC23976@momjian.us

Regards

Ian Barwick