Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/2/22 Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>:

> On 02/21/2013 12:56 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Nope.  I have repeatedly been voted down on removing it, and I've also
>>> been repeatedly voted down on removing the deprecation text.  Could we
>>> at least agree on changing the deprecation text to say "This module is
>>> deprecated and may be removed in a future release"?
>>
>> Not reopening the actual discussion about rmeoving it, but assuming
>> we're not, strong +1 on changing the deprecation message. And don't
>> forget to backpatch the change so it shows up in the old versions of
>> the docs as well.
>>

> Yes, we should change it to remove the reference to 8.4.

Documentation patch attached.

> The point is we can
> remove the module when someone fixes and replaces the functionality that's
> left in there that some people rely on. So far nobody has stepped up to the
> plate, although now that we have lateral a sane replacement for xpath_table
> might well be a lot easier to achieve.  If someone is interested in working
> on this I'd be happy to hear about it. Maybe it would be a good Google SOC
> project.

It might be worth adding an explicit entry in the TODO list for removing this
and summarising what needs to be done.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#XML

Regards

Ian Barwick

Вложения

От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Materialized views WIP patch