Re: [WIP] pg_ping utility

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [WIP] pg_ping utility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Phil Sorber <phil@omniti.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Michael Paquier
> OK. Let's do that and then mark this patch as ready for committer.
> Thanks,

Those changes have been made.
Cool. Thanks.

Something I was just thinking about while testing this again. I
mentioned the issue before about someone meaning to put -v and putting
-V instead and it being a potential source of problems. What about
making verbose the default and removing -v and adding -q to make it
quiet? This would also match other tools behavior. I want to get this
wrapped up and I am fine with it as is, but just wanted to ask what
others thought.
Bruce mentionned that pg_isready could be used directly by pg_ctl -w. Default as being non-verbose would make sense. What are the other tools you are thinking about? Some utilities in core?

Except if you change the default behavior, let's change this patch status as ready to committer.

Thanks,
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com

Сообщение: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Сообщение: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY