Re: [HACKERS] Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think the addition of checks everywhere for NULL return is worse.
> Let's add a missing_ok flag instead, so that most callers can just trust
> that they get a non null value if they don't want to deal with that
> case.

If you want to minimize the diffs or such a patch, we could as well
have an extended version of those APIs. I don't think that for the
addition of one argument like a missing_ok that's the way to go, but
some people may like that to make this patch less intrusive.
--
Michael