Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:05 PM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> The alias should be documented but I would not think it should be part of
> tab completion.
>
> I'd probably add a note to the analyze areas and, for \h analyse, redirect
> to analyze.
>
> I think altering the syntax would just be noise for little gain.  My goal is
> if someone sees or types analyse they at least know it's intended behavior
> and indeed an alias.
>
> Not at a terminal now but hopefully the analyze option to vacuum and explain
> behave similarly...

Some history shows up that:
commit: ebe0b236909732c75d665c73363bd4ac7a7aa138
author: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:28:06 +0000
Add ANALYSE spelling of ANALYZE for vacuum.

I am not sure that it is worth complicating the docs for the British
spelling of this word.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented