Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:

>>> OK, thanks. I missed that amongst the other unrelated failures. Looking now.
>
>> This needs a patch to file_text_array_fdw which I think is available here:
>> https://github.com/adunstan/file_text_array_fdw
>> Simon, do you mind if I send a pull request?
>
> TBH, I think that this patch itself was a bad idea and should be reverted.
> I don't object to changing APIs used by external modules when there's a
> good reason to break them, but having looked at this patch all I see is
> change for the sake of change.  What new functionality have you introduced?

If you look at the TABLESAMPLE patch, separating the block sampling
into a separate facility makes quite some sense.

> Or to put it more baldly: it's likely that you've broken quite a large
> number of third-party FDWs, not just this one.  A lot of people have
> probably copied-and-pasted what was in the contrib FDWs.

make_foreignscan() has been changed as well by 1a8a4e5c..
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions