Re: [GENERAL] how can I use "pg_basebackup" and not include pg_log ofmaster ?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] how can I use "pg_basebackup" and not include pg_log ofmaster ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM, lin <jluwln@163.com> wrote:
>    all. I use "pg_basebackup" to make slave, but the master has too large
> logs of pg_log, How Can I use "pg_basebackup" but not include logs of
> "pg_log" ?

Unfortunately not, there have been several discussions about being
able to define a blacklist of paths when taking a backup but nothing
has showed up in the code tree. For log files, there is a trick
though: you can define log_directory with an absolute path pointing
out of PGDATA so those logs won't be included in base backups.
--
Michael