Re: [BUGS] BUG #14872: libpq requires a home directory

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14872: libpq requires a home directory
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Sigh.  We keep breaking that use-case... which is unsurprising because
> nobody tests it.

:(
And really that's quite a common configuration to have a user
dedicated to Postgres that has no actual home folder.

> According to previous go-rounds, eg commits 5b4067798 and bd58d9d88,
> we should just silently do nothing if we can't get the home directory.

Yes, this should be skipped. fe-secure-openssl.c is actually doing the
correct thing.

> Poking around, it looks like parseServiceInfo's search for
> ~/.pg_service.conf has the same disease, but that code's been like that
> since 2010 --- I wonder why it's not causing you problems?  Are you maybe
> setting PGSERVICEFILE to prevent that from failing?

Yeah... I was halfway into hacking a patch for that but got drowned
into other things until I saw your message. Are you working on a
patch?
--
Michael