Re: New functions in sslinfo module

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: New functions in sslinfo module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Воронин Дмитрий <carriingfate92@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I make an a patch, which adds 4 functions to sslinfo extension module:
> 1) ssl_get_count_of_extensions() --- get count of X509v3 extensions from
> client certificate;
> 2) ssl_get_extension_names() --- get short names of X509v3 extensions from
> client certificate;
> 3) ssl_get_extension_value(text) --- get value of extension from certificate
> (argument --- short name of extension);
> 4) ssl_is_critical_extension(text) --- returns true, if extension is
> critical and false, if is not (argument --- short name of extension).
>
> You can view some information of certificate's extensions via those
> functions.
> I want, that my functions will be included in PostgreSQL release.
>
> What do you think about it?
Please avoid creating a new thread each time you send a new version of the same patch. Previous message was here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1135491397673046@web9m.yandex.ru
With my previous answer here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqRVFhnPnQL9ND+K=WA-YF_N1fAirx=s6fawk9F6ANLwBQ@mail.gmail.com

As I already mentioned last time, please register this patch to the upcoming commit fest beginning in June:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=22
This way, you will be sure that your patch will get at least one fair review and that progress will be made on the feature you are proposing.

The development cycle of 9.4 is over, but your patch could get into 9.5. You seem as well to have developed this patch using a tarball of 9.3.4 code by generating diffs from it, you will need a development environment with git. Here are some guidelines you can refer to (those are the same URLs as in my previous email btw...):
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Creating_Clean_Patches
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Composite Datums containing toasted fields are a bad idea(?)
От: Воронин Дмитрий
Сообщение: Re: New functions in sslinfo module