Re: json rendering without pretty option (compact)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: json rendering without pretty option (compact)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 2:00 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to minimize postgresql json size when I fetch them.
> I translate columnar table to json thought json_build_object/array or even
> row_to_jeon.
>
> While row_to_json do have a "pretty_bool" option, the latter do not. Each
> json object/array I build contains spaces.
>
> Is there a workaround ?

Not any direct way that I know of :( If you have a lot of spaces in a
JSON blob between each object, it may be worth casting it once to
jsonb. This takes an extra round of conversion overhead though.

> Is there a plan to add this feature on future version ?

I don't recall plans in this area. Maybe there's room for a
jsonb_compact(). core has already jsonb_pretty(), and that would be
what has the less overhead when doing the binary/text conversion.
--
Michael