Re: [HACKERS] timeouts in PostgresNode::psql

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] timeouts in PostgresNode::psql
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] timeouts in PostgresNode::psql  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Amended patch attached after a few Perl-related comments I got on
> private mail.

Out of curiosity, what are they?

> Instead of
>
> $exc_save !~ /^$timeout_exception.*/
>
> I've updated to:
>
> $exc_save !~ /^\Q$timeout_exception\E/
>
> i.e. don't do an unnecessary wildcard match at the end, and disable
> metachar interpretation in the substituted range.
>
> Still needs applying to pg9.6 and pg10.

I did not understand at first what you meant, but after looking at the
commit message of the patch things are clear:
Newer Perl or IPC::Run versions default to appending the filename to string
exceptions, e.g. the exception   psql timed outis thrown as   psql timed out at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/IPC/Run.pm
line2961.

And that's good to know, I can see as well that the patch is on the CF app:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/
And that it has been marked as ready for committer.
--
Michael