[HACKERS] Improve history file reasons when doing promotion

От Michael Paquier
Тема [HACKERS] Improve history file reasons when doing promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

When triggering a promotion, the history file generated for the
timeline bump provides a reason behind the timeline bump not really
helpful:
$ cat 00000002.history
1       0/3000858       no recovery target specified
I was wondering if we could improve that a bit for a promotion. One
thing popping up immediately to my mind would be to check for
IsPromoteTriggered() and replace this reason by "standby promotion".
Any thoughts perhaps?
--
Michael