Re: BUG #9118: WAL Sender does not disconnect replication clients during shutdown

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #9118: WAL Sender does not disconnect replication clients during shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:59 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On second thought, I think that it's better to check a write location instead
> if walsender is connecting to a standby such as pg_receivexlog which
> always returns an invalid flush location. Attached patch does this. Thought?
Just a small one: could it be possible to put the condition checking
for the validity of flush/write position into a separate variable out
of this if() for readability?
sentPtr == MyWalSnd->flush ||
!          (XLogRecPtrIsInvalid(MyWalSnd->flush) &&
!           sentPtr == MyWalSnd->write)
Are there risks that a standby sends an invalid flush location and a
valid write location?
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Sergey Konoplev
Сообщение: Re: Very slow query in PostgreSQL 9.3.3
От: Robert Voinea
Сообщение: BUG #5465: dblink TCP connection hangs blocking translation from being terminated