Re: Fix broken Install.bat when target directory contains a space

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix broken Install.bat when target directory contains a space
Дата
Re: Fix broken Install.bat when target directory contains a space  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Asif Naeem <anaeem.it@gmail.com> wrote:
The v2 patch looks good to me, just a minor concern on usage message i.e.

C:\PG\postgresql\src\tools\msvc>install
Invalid command line options.
Usage: "install.bat <targetdir> [installtype]"
installtype: client

It seems that there are two install options i.e. client, all (any other string other than client is being considered or treated as all), the following install command works i.e.

install C:\PG\postgresql\inst option_does_not_exist

As your patch effects this area of code, I thought to share these findings with you,o BTW, it is a minor thing that can be handled in another patch,

Well, that's the same behavior that this script has been having for ages. Let's just update the usage message to mention both "all" and "client". I see no point in breaking a behavior that has been like that for ages, and the main point of this patch is to fix the install path issue.

If you like please feel free to change status to ready for committer.

Well, I don't think that the patch author should do that. So I won't do it by myself.

Attached is an updated patch.
Regards,
--
Michael