Re: Compiling without libpq

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Compiling without libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Mark Hellegers <mark@firedisk.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the difference in compiling with or without libpq?
> I understand that without libpq is convenient if you do not have
> PostgreSQL installed on the system, but then why would I want to
> compile with libpq?
> I see in configure script that openssl is disabled if I compile without
> libpq. Why is that and what functionality do I loose exactly?
> The reason I am asking is that I would like to make a package for it
> for Haiku and I would like to know if is worth it to see if I need to
> create two packages (one for users who have PostgreSQL installed and
> one for those without it).

Note that Postgres ODBC has a hard dependency with libpq on HEAD
because the things at protocol level that were used in the driver are
basically duplicates of what the libpq routines offer. Hence you may
want to compile with libpq in your packages to be in-line with the
next version to be released.
--
Michael