Relation ordering in FROM clause causing error related to missing entry... Or not.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Relation ordering in FROM clause causing error related to missing entry... Or not.
Дата
Re: Relation ordering in FROM clause causing error related to missing entry... Or not.  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Today while playing with some queries I bumped into the following thing:
=# with count_query as (select generate_series(0,1) as a) select b
from count_query, generate_series(1, count_query.a) as b;b
---1
(1 row)
=# with count_query as (select generate_series(0,1) as a) select b
from generate_series(1, count_query.a) as b, count_query;
ERROR:  42P01: missing FROM-clause entry for table "count_query"
LINE 1: ...eries(0,1) as a) select b from generate_series(1, count_quer...
             ^

LOCATION:  errorMissingRTE, parse_relation.c:2850

I have been a little bit surprised by the fact that different entry
ordering in the FROM clause of the main query had different effects.
Perhaps there is something I am missing? I haven't looked at the code
but if this happens to be a bug I am fine to submit a patch.
Regards,
--
Michael