Re: [HACKERS] coverage analysis improvements

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] coverage analysis improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> Apparently, rmgr.c doesn't contain any instrumentable code.  I don't see
> this warning, but it might depend on tool versions and compiler options.

Even on HEAD I am seeing the same problem, this is not outlined just
because the quiet mode of lcov is not used, but the warnings are there
like in this report:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ec92eb95-26de-6da8-9862-ded3ff678c5c%40BlueTreble.com
So please let me discard my concerns about this portion of the patch.

Except for the plperl patch, I don't have more comments to offer about
this patch set. It would be nice to make configure a bit smarter for
lcov and gcov detection by not hard-failing if gcov can be found but
not lcov. It is after all possible to run coverage without lcov, like
on ArchLinux. Still that's a different request than what this patch
set is doing, so this is not a blocker for this patch set.
--
Michael