Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 4/14/15 8:32 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
>
> Oh dear.  It appears the buildfarm client code needs to be updated to
> support this.  How do we do this?   (I guess the critters that are still
> green are not running this test.)

Argh..

Looking at the buildfarm client code
(https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code) we are going to need to
make the logic of TestUpgrade.pm aware that pg_upgrade is now in
src/bin and not in contrib. A simple idea would be to use a Find to
guess where pg_upgrade oath is located and then use the path found
instead of hardcoding contrib/.

> Should I revert this patch while we sort this out?

I think so, keeping the buildfarm red for a long time is no good...
This is going to require an update of all the buildfarm machines, so
taking the problem at root we had better improve the buildfarm code,
get it deployed on a maximum of machines, and then have this patch
pushed.
It doesn't prevent the other patches in the src/bin to be pushed first
at least, only pg_upgrade has a specific test case.
Regards,
--
Michael