Re: Forensic recovery deleted pgdump custom format file

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Forensic recovery deleted pgdump custom format file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM, David Guimaraes <skysbsb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah bingo

Hm. While there is a magic-code header for the custom format, by
looking at the code I am not seeing any traces of a similar thing at
the end of the dump file (_CloseArchive in pg_backup_custom.c), and I
don't recall wither that there is an estimation of the size of the
dump either in the header. If those files were stored close to each
other, one idea may be to look for the next header present. or to
attempt to roughly estimate the size that they would have I am afraid.
In any case, applying reverse engineering methods seems like the most
reliable method to reconstitute an archive handler that could be used
by pg_restore or pg_dump, but perhaps others have other ideas.
--
Michael