Re: dblink: add polymorphic functions.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: dblink: add polymorphic functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> That explains why the first example works while the second does not.
> I'm not sure how hard it would be to fix that, but it appears that
> that is where we should focus.

Wouldn't it be fine if we drop some of the functions proposed without
impacting the feature? Most of the functions overlap with each other,
making us see the limitations we see.

Hence, wouldn't it be enough to just have this set of functions in the patch?
dblink_get_result(text, bool, anyelement)
dblink (text, text, boolean, anyelement)
dblink_fetch (text, text, int, boolean, anyelement)
--
Michael