Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Дата
Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Can you add it to the next CF? I'll try to look earlier, but can't
> promise anything.
>
> I very much would like this to get committed in some form or another.
Added it here to keep track of it:
Attached is a fairly-refreshed patch that should be used as a base for the next commit fest. The following changes should be noticed:
- Use of AccessExclusiveLock when swapping relfilenodes of an index and its concurrent entry instead of ShareUpdateExclusiveLock for safety. At the limit of my understanding, that's the consensus reached until now.
- Cleanup of many comments and refresh of the documentation that was somewhat wrongly-formulated or shaped at some places
- Addition of support for autocommit off in psql for REINDEX [ TABLE | INDEX ] CONCURRENTLY
- Some more code cleanup..
I haven't been through the tab completion support for psql but looking at tab-completion.c this seems a bit tricky with the stuff related to CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY already present. Nothing huge though.
Regards,
--
Michael
Вложения