Re: Synchronous archiving

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Synchronous archiving
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/15 1:51 AM, Laurence Rowe wrote:
>>
>> I have a relatively small database with not many writes. However, I'm
>> keen to ensure that those writes I receive are not lost. Archiving gets
>> me most of the way there, but it is asynchronous. Is there any way to
>> archive individual WAL records without running a replica?
>
> The only reasonable way to do this that I'm aware of is to setup synchronous
> replication:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/warm-standby.html#SYNCHRONOUS-REPLICATION
With the upcoming 9.5, pg_receivexlog provides an option --synchronous
to issue sync commands as soon as there is WAL information available.
I think that this would be what you are looking for, but you will need
to wait until 9.5 is out.
--
Michael

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: partial "on-delete set null" constraint
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: hash function in Postgres