Re: pg_basebackup and replication slots

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_basebackup and replication slots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> (If you're looking at the patch and wondering why there is no code to
> actually do anything with the replication slot, that's because the code
> that does the WAL streaming is already aware of replication slots
> because of the pg_receivexlog functionality that it also serves.  So all
> that needs to be done is set replication_slot.)

This is cool to see this patch taking shape.

+    my ($stdout, $stderr);
'<', \$sql, '>', \$stdout, '2>', \$stderr or die;
+    chomp $stdout;
+    return $stdout;

Could it be possible to chomp and return $stderr as well here? It
seems useful to me to perform sanity checks after calling psql.
--
Michael