Re: pgsql: pg_basebackup: Add tests for -X option

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: pg_basebackup: Add tests for -X option
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> pg_basebackup: Add tests for -X option

One thing that I noticed after more tests is that actually the LSN
position restart_lsn is not necessarily 8-character long as this
tests, but it can be 7-character length as well:
like($lsn, qr!^0/[0-9A-Z]{8}$!, 'restart LSN of slot has advanced');
So you may have random failures depending on how much the LSN has
advanced depending on the number of base backups taken on the server
during the tests (found out the problem on Windows because we need to
skip some tests as there is no symlink support). I would suggest that
instead of checking the format of restart_lsn we encapsulate it within
pg_xlogfile_name and check if result has a correct length of 24
characters with characters 0-9A-F, like in the patch attached.
Sorry for not noticing that before, attached is a patch to fix the issue.
--
Michael

Вложения