Re: [HACKERS] cache lookup errors for missing replication origins

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] cache lookup errors for missing replication origins
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> ERROR:  42704: replication slot "%s" does not exist

s/slot/origin/

> As far as I can see, replorigin_by_oid makes no use of its missing_ok
> = false in the backend code, so letting it untouched would have no
> impact. replorigin_by_name with missing_ok = false is only used with
> SQL-callable functions, so it could be changed without any impact
> elsewhere (without considering externally-maintained replication
> modules).

As long as I don't forget, attached is a patch added as well to the
next CF. replorigin_by_oid should have the same switch from elog to
ereport in my opinion. Additional regression tests are included.
--
Michael