Re: PATCH:do not set Win32 server-side socket buffer size on windows 2012

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PATCH:do not set Win32 server-side socket buffer size on windows 2012
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM, chenhj <chjischj@163.com> wrote:
> PostgreSQL set Win32 server-side socket buffer size to 32k since 2006, for
> performance reasons.
>
> While,on the newer version of Windows,such as windows 2012,the default
> socket buffer size is 64k,
> and seem has better performance(high throughput).
> So, i propose to apply the attached patch(based on the snapshot of 9.5dev)
> to  set Win32 server-side
>  socket buffer size to 32k only when the default value is less than 32k.
>
> [...]

Interesting. I think that for the time being you should add it to the
next commit fest to target an integration in 9.6 as these days we are
busy wrapping up the last commit fest of 9.5:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/5/
In any case, this is definitely something worth looking at IMO, in
2015 requirements are surely different than in 2006.
Regards,
--
Michael