Re: Refactoring speculative insertion with unique indexes a little

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Refactoring speculative insertion with unique indexes a little
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> I'm not arguing against any of this - but I don't think this needs to be
>> on the 9.5 open items list. I plan to remove from there.
>
> Obviously I don't think that this is a critical fix. I do think that
> it would be nice to keep the branches in sync, and that might become a
> bit more difficult after 9.5 is released.

(A couple of months later)
This is not an actual fix, but an optimization, no?
UNIQUE_CHECK_SPECULATIVE is just used to optimize a couple of code
paths in the case of a insert conflicting during btree insertion..

In any case, at this point 9.5 is really aimed to be stabilized, so
targeting only master is a far saner approach IMO for this patch.
Pushing that in 9.5 a couple of months back may have given enough
reason to do so... But well life is life.

+                        * it later
Missing a dot here :)

+                * Set checkedIndex here, since partial unique index
will still count
+                * as a found arbiter index despite being skipped due
to predicate not
+                * being satisfied
Ditto.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Сообщение: Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.