Re: BUG #14178: output of jsonb_object and json_object doesn't match textually

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #14178: output of jsonb_object and json_object doesn't match textually
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM,  <ap@zip.com.au> wrote:
> I think json_object should provide similar output. Consistency is nice
> aesthetically and as being in line with the principle of least surprise.
> Its lack may lead to possible unpleasant results if anyone tries to deal
> with a JSON structure as TEXT (for whatever reason).

That's a debatable point, and as any output is legal json it does not
actually hurt one way or another. However, as json_object has been
introduced at the same time as jsonb, I'd tend as well to think that
consistency is a good idea if possible, see the patch attached.
--
Michael

Вложения