Re: About adding an attribute to pg_attibute

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: About adding an attribute to pg_attibute
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Tanmay Deshpande
<tp.deshpande07@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are trying add columnar support to postgreSQL and for that we need
> identify each column in each relation by an oid. So my doubt is how do we
> add an attribute/ a column to catalog pg_attribute ?
You can identify already uniquely columns in pg_attribute with the
couple (attrelid,attnum) or even (attrelid,attname). Using an OID to
do what already exists will just add complication in your application.
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: psql blows up on BOM character sequence
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: psql blows up on BOM character sequence