Re: Possible work-around for 9.1 partial vacuum bug?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Possible work-around for 9.1 partial vacuum bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
> If I'm understanding the vacuum truncate bug correctly, it can be avoided if
> every 2^31 transactions[1] you:
>
> SET vacuum_freeze_table_age = 0;
> VACUUM FREEZE;
>
> table_age = 0 disables partial vacuum and then everything[1] gets frozen,
> eliminating the risk. Or am I missing something?
Yes, this will fix any latent error by forcing a freeze on all the
rows of all tables, but not the ones that already happened if your
system has already done more than 2^31 transactions. In this case take
care of any constraint violation.

Regards,
--
Michael

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: WITHIN GROUP patch