Re: Bug in pg_dump

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Bug in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 6:48 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> - set up basic scaffolding for TAP tests in src/bin/pg_dump

Agreed.

> - write a Perl function that can create an extension on the fly, given
> name, C code, SQL code

I am perplex about that. Where would the SQL code or C code be stored?
In the pl script itself? I cannot really see the advantage to generate
automatically the skeletton of an extension based on some C or SQL
code in comparison to store the extension statically as-is. Adding
those extensions in src/test/modules is out of scope to not bloat it,
so we could for example add such test extensions in t/extensions/ or
similar, and have prove_check scan this folder, then install those
extensions in the temporary installation.

> - add to the proposed t/001_dump_test.pl code to write the extension
> - add that test to the pg_dump test suite
> Eventually, the dump-and-restore routine could also be refactored, but
> as long as we only have one test case, that can wait.

Agreed on all those points.
--
Michael