Re: request a new feature in fuzzystrmatch

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: request a new feature in fuzzystrmatch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Actually, given that this change will create version 1.1 of the
> extension, I believe the 1.0 versions of the sql scripts should
> probably be removed entirely. Can someone with more knowledge of the
> extension facility comment on that?
When upgrading this extension here is what you should do:
- Remove fuzzystrmatch--1.0.sql
- Add fuzzystrmatch--1.1.sql with the new definitions
- Add fuzzystrmatch--1.0--1.1.sql to be able to perform an upgrade
between 1.0 and 1.1
- Let fuzzystrmatch--unpackaged--1.0.sql as-is

Then by having a quick glance at the patch you sent...
- fuzzystrmatch--unpackaged--1.0.sql is renamed internally to 1.1.sql
- fuzzystrmatch--1.0.sql remains, and is renamed to 1.1 internally
- fuzzystrmatch--1.0--1.1.sql is not provided

Regards,
--
Michael

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: New regression test time
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: checksum_impl.h fails cpluspluscheck