Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Raúl Marín Rodríguez
<rmrodriguez@carto.com> wrote:
> I've written a small patch to add support for pow() in pgbench.

Cool.

> The main reason behind it is that I'm currently using a shell call to do it
> which takes between 2-10 ms that can be a big percentage of the time taken
> by the whole transaction. For example (shortened):
>
> latency average = 11.718 ms
>  - statement latencies in milliseconds:
>          2.834  \setshell POWER2  awk 'BEGIN {p=2^ARGV[1]; print p }'
> :ZOOM_CURRENT
>          8.846  SELECT
> ST_AsBinary(ST_Simplify(ST_SnapToGrid("the_geom_webmercator",:SNAP),
> :SIMPLIFY)) AS geom FROM
>
> I've also updated the related docs and added some tests. Please let me know
> if I'm missing anything.

Please add this patch to the upcoming commit fest if you would like to
get some feedback:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/15/

I am adding as well Fabien in CC who worked in getting the internal
function infrastructure in the shape it is now (waaay better) with
commit 86c43f4.
--
Michael