Re: [HACKERS] dblink get_connect_string() passes FDW option"updatable" to the connect string, connection fails.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dblink get_connect_string() passes FDW option"updatable" to the connect string, connection fails.
Дата
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] dblink get_connect_string() passes FDW option"updatable" to the connect string, connection fails.  (Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 6:48 AM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Maybe if "CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER" had a way to specify that the FDW
> supports a libpq connection it would make sense to allows other FDWs
> with this attribute, but since there is none the current state strikes
> me as a bad idea.
>
> Thoughts?

libpq is proper to the implementation of the FDW, not the wrapper on
top of it, so using in the CREATE FDW command a way to do the
decision-making that does not look right to me. Filtering things at
connection attempt is a better solution.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] dblink get_connect_string() passes FDW option"updatable" to the connect string, connection fails.