Re: Let's make a new release

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Let's make a new release
Дата
Re: Let's make a new release  ("Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp>)
Список pgsql-odbc
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:05 AM, ljwilson <ljwilson@digitalav.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote
>> I could try to have a shot with my Win7 box, though I am not sure what
>> are the build options that we should invoke. I am sure that we should
>> have a build with OpenSSL and libpq (which is now mandatory), and that
>> nmake is not the way to go. Hence we should generate the msis with
>> .\BuildAll and have all the Release builds? And we should provide
>> AMD64Release, AMD64ANSIRelease, Release and MultibyteRelease as a set,
>> no?
>
> I tried this with the psqlodbc\installer\buildInstallers.ps1 PowerShell
> script using a Windows 8.1 64-bit virtual machine, with the 32 and 64-bit
> version of PostgreSQL 9.4.5 installed. I had to make the changes in the
> attached patch (libintl.dll is no longer in the 9.4+ PostgreSQL binary
> distribution--intl.dll is used instead).

Is that EDB installer? Community scripts still use libintl.lib when
nls is enabled.

> I called this version 09.04.0100,
> but if we want to go ahead and use 9.5 beta1 and release it as 09.05.0100
> then I could try it with the necessary files from that version.
> The created psqlodbc-setup.exe file seems to work fine--I've tested it on
> Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit, and Windows XP (32-bit).

This brings another question: from which source was libpq taken from
for the previous released versions of the driver? I would assume that
this was the EDB installer, but it would be good to be sure. Saito-san
and Inoue-san, you are in CC. Could you share your wisdom on this
matter?
--
Michael