Re: Stopping logical replication protocol

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Stopping logical replication protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> When writing TAP tests for Perl you must ensure you use only Perl
> 5.8.8-compatible code and only the core modules plus IPC::Run . You'll
> usually be fine if you just avoid importing things you don't see other
> modules already using. Don't bother actually installing Perl 5.8.8, we
> can run tests in an ancient-perl Docker container before committing
> and fix any issues. I don't see any reason you'd need anything special
> for this test.

On top of that, the perl documentation is your friend if you have a
doubt about the versioning of a method:
http://perldoc.perl.org/
The important thing is that it is easy to navigate through perl
versions down to 5.8.8 so you can easily detect if what you are using
would be fit or not for the buildfarm.

> If you think some of the code you add would be very reusable for other
> test modules in future, feel free to propose new methods for
> PostgresNode.pm . Ask if you're not sure.

That would be great if things generic enough could be extracted, but I
haven't read the patch to make an opinion regarding what could be
done.
--
Michael