Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Дата
Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Craig just mentioned in an internal chat that there's no btree or even
> hash opclass for the new pg_lsn type. That restricts what you can do
> with it quite severely.
> Imo this should be fixed for 9.4 - after all it was possible unto now to
> index a table with lsns returned by system functions or have queries
> with grouping on them without casting.
Makes sense, especially knowing operators needed for btree processing
are already defined. Patch attached solves that. Now to include it in
9.4 where development is over is another story... I wouldn't mind
adding it to the next commit fest either.
Regards,
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: sb_alloc: a new memory allocator for PostgreSQL
От: Nicolas Barbier
Сообщение: Re: 9.4 release notes