Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it> wrote:
> Should I keep fsync off? I'd think it would be better leaving it on, right?

From the docs: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-wal.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-WAL-SETTINGS
While turning off fsync is often a performance benefit, this can
result in unrecoverable data corruption in the event of a power
failure or system crash. Thus it is only advisable to turn off fsync
if you can easily recreate your entire database from external data.

So if you care about your data, that's to set in any case to on, as is
full_page_writes.
--
Michael