Re: DRAFT 9.6 release

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: DRAFT 9.6 release
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)
<bnicholson@hpe.com> wrote:
> [...]

Yes, the case described by Josh is rather narrow as most users are not
going to use the same application_name for multiple standbys. Combined
with synchronous_commit = remote_apply what you actually have is the
guarantee that WAL has been applied synchronously to multiple nodes,
allowing for read balancing.
--
Michael