Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Yes, we do want support for testmodules. I think that needs to be built into
>> src/tools/msvc, probably in vcregress.pl. Once we have that the buildfarm
>> changes will be trivial. But if that's not forthcoming quickly I can just
>> avoid the step on msvc for now.
>
> Well, *I* can't write the MSVC patch, but I can't find anyone to
> volunteer some time either :-(  I think it's best to have MSVC skip the
> step and have the Makefile-based animals run it.  That would give us a
> lot more coverage than currently, which is just two animals AFAIU.

Meh. I'll just do it then. We've been slacking for some time regarding
that, and it is not cool to have the modules untested on Windows. So
let's do the following:
- Rework the patch doing refactoring of contrib/ and src/test/modules in MSVC.
- Include the modules in install when install target is 'all' or
default, like we did in previous releases.
- Add a new option in vcregress, modulecheck to kick the tests of
those modules. vcregress will need to refactoring as well. This makes
3 patches visibly, one for the build part, one for the install part
and one for vcregress.
Sounds fine?

>> We've handled the buildfarm being red for a few days before. People are
>> usually good about applying fixes fairly quickly.
>
> Okay.

I did it on my stuff already...
--
Michael