Re: [HACKERS] Simplify ACL handling for large objects and removal ofsuperuser() checks

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Simplify ACL handling for large objects and removal ofsuperuser() checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for 0001 and 0002 in general, but I can't help noticing that they
> lead to a noticeable worsening of the error messages in the regression
> tests.

As the access restriction gets handled by GRANT in this patch, that's
a price to pay. The verbosity of this message could be kept by
introducing a default role dedicated to LOs. Personally, I am of the
opinion that a default role in this case is not justified for only
those functions. Other opinions are welcome.

I have noticed that 0002 should update lobj.sgml as well, something I
missed. Now the docs say "Therefore, their use is restricted to
superusers." for lo_import and lo_export, but I think that "by
default" should be appended.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Simplify plpgsql's check for simple expressions.
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Simplify plpgsql's check for simple expressions.