Re: forward vs backward slashes in msvc build code

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: forward vs backward slashes in msvc build code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> 2) I noticed that VC builds do not like *at all* file paths with
>> forward slashes, perhaps it could be possible to use a Condition like
>> hasForwardSlashes but it seems safer to simply enforce the file paths
>> to use backslashes in the vcproj files. That's inconsistent with the
>> vcxproj files, but it works and Mkvcbuild.pm works as before.
>> 3) I found why chkpass was needed as a dependency with libpgport and
>> libpgcommon, actually crypt.c needs to be listed as a unique file, so
>> it needs a fake entry in vcproj and vcxproj files.
>> All those things are corrected in the patch attached, tested with both
>> MS and VC.
>
> What's the difference between MS and VC?

MS uses vcxproj specs, and VC vcproj specs...

> If VC doesn't accept forward slashes, doesn't that invalidate the
> premise of this patch?

I don't think so. The point of the patch is to be able to run the
Windows build script in a non-Windows environment to check that
modifications in the Makefile stucture does not break some basics of
the Windows build script, and this is not impacted.

> Is it worth attempting to maintain it?

vcbuild (~2008) has been replaced by msbuild in MS 2010. Hence I
imagine that it is still used a lot.
Regards,
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: collate.linux.utf8 test coverage
Сообщение: Re: collate.linux.utf8 test coverage