Re: [HACKERS] Provide list of subscriptions and publications inpsql's completion

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Provide list of subscriptions and publications inpsql's completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 5:04 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> With this patch, when normal users type TAB after SUBSCRIPTION,
> they got "permission denied" error. I don't think that's acceptable.

Right, I can see that now. pg_stat_get_subscription() does not offer
as well a way to filter by databases... Perhaps we could add it? it is
stored as LogicalRepWorker->dbid so making it visible is sort of easy.

> In "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... PUBLICATION" and "ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET
> PUBLICATION" cases, the publication defined in the publisher side should be
> specified. But, with this patch, the tab-completion for PUBLICATION shows
> the publications defined in local server (ie, subscriber side in those cases).
> This might be confusing.

Which would mean that psql tab completion should try to connect the
remote server using the connection string defined with the
subscription to get this information, which looks unsafe to me. To be
honest, I'd rather see a list of local objects defined than nothing..
--
Michael