Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring of a hot standby with a largely idle master

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring of a hot standby with a largely idle master
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think that pg_stat_wal_receiver should be crossreferenced in
>> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/hot-standby.html, near the
>> > same
>> > place which it crossreferences table 9-79.  That would make it more
>> > discoverable.
>>
>> Hm. Hot standby may not involve streaming replication. What about a
>> paragraph here instead?
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/warm-standby.html#streaming-replication
>>
>> In the monitoring subsection, we could tell that on a standby the WAL
>> receiver status can be retrieved from this view when changes are
>> streamed. What do you think?
>

> That works for me.

What do you think about the patch attached?

     <para>
      You can retrieve a list of WAL sender processes via the
-     <link linkend="monitoring-stats-views-table">
+     <link linkend="monitoring-stats-dynamic-views-table">
      <literal>pg_stat_replication</></link> view. Large differences between
In the previous paragraph I have noticed that the link reference is
incorrect. pg_stat_replication is listed under
monitoring-stats-dynamic-views-table.
--
Michael

Вложения