Re: WAL-related tools and .paritial WAL file

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: WAL-related tools and .paritial WAL file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> 3) Something not caused by this patch that I just noticed... But
>> pg_resetxlog does not remove .backup files in pg_xlog. Shouldn't they
>> get moved away as well?
>
> pg_resetxlog doesn't remove also .history file in pg_xlog. Those remaining
> .backup and .history files are harmless after pg_resetxlog is executed.
> So I don't think that it's required to remove them. Of course we can do that,
> but some existing applications might depend on the current behavior...
> So unless there is strong reason to do that, I'd like to let it as it is.

Well, I was just surprised to not see them wiped out. Let's not change
the behavior then that exists for ages. The rest of the patch looks
fine to me (I would add dots at the end of sentences in comment
blocks, but that's a detail). The new macros really make the code
easier to read and understand!
--
Michael