Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I will look into adding some testing mechanism for the union support
>> proc; with that I will just consider the patch ready for commit and will
>> push.
>
> With all respect, I think this is a bad idea.  I know you've put a lot
> of energy into this patch and I'm confident it's made a lot of
> progress.  But as with Stephen's patch, the final form deserves a
> thorough round of looking over by someone else before it goes in.

Would this person be it an extra committer or an simple reviewer? It
would give more insurance if such huge patches (couple of thousands of
lines) get an extra +1 from another committer, proving that the code
has been reviewed by people well-experienced with backend code. Now as
this would put more pressure in the hands of committers, an extra
external pair of eyes, be it non-committer but let's say a seasoned
reviewer would be fine IMO.
--
Michael