Re: Frequent "pg_ctl status" removing(?) semaphores (unlikely)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Frequent "pg_ctl status" removing(?) semaphores (unlikely)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, raf <raf@raf.org> wrote:
> So, my qestion is, is it possible that "pg_ctl status" could be
> removing postgres's semaphores and can I stop it? It seems
> extremely unlikely. So, if it isn't, what else could it be?
> Systemd perhaps? It's been known to kill screen/tmux/nohup
> processes when a user logs out in its keenness to clean up but
> that may be clutching at straws.

systemd sometimes has fun removing semaphores. See here for example:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK7tEys9-O4BTERbs3Xuk2BfFNNd55u2sM9j5R2Fi7v6BHjrQw@mail.gmail.com
--
Michael

От: "Marek Petr"
Сообщение: lost synchronization with server: got message type "Z"