Re: BUG #10817: archive settings

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #10817: archive settings
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM, <rameshparnanditech@gmail.com> wrote:

> when try to set archive_command in postgres.conf

This is not a bug, it is better to ask such questions in pgsql-general or
pgsql-novice.

> like,
> archive_command = 'copy "%p" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\testdata\%f"'

I recall that the use of double backslash "\\" is necessary to indicate the
folder path, making the command look like that actually:
archive_command = 'copy "%p" "C:\\Program
Files\\PostgreSQL\\9.3\\testdata\\%f"'

then  ran this query pg_stop_backup(); its return error like,
> wait for wal segments to archive 60 seconds please check archive command..
> following error retunrs

Without more details about the failure, we cannot guess what is happening?
Is it a permission issue? Does the target folder exist?
--
Michael

От: rameshparnanditech@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #10817: archive settings
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts