Re: WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:38 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>> On 3/15/16 10:01 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I understand that this is not an issue in a hurry. I'll go to
>>> another patch that needs review.
>>
>> Since we're getting towards the end of the CF is it time to pick this up
>> again?
>
> Perhaps not. This is a legit bug with an unfinished patch (see index
> relation truncation) that is going to need a careful review. I don't
> think that this should be impacted by the 4/8 feature freeze, so we
> could still work on that after the embargo and we've had this bug for
> months actually. FWIW, I am still planning to work on it once the CF
> is done, in order to keep my manpower focused on actual patch reviews
> as much as possible...

In short, we may want to bump that to next CF... I have already marked
this ticket as something to work on soonish on my side, so it does not
change much seen from here if it's part of the next CF. What we should
just be sure is not to lose track of its existence.
--
Michael