Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As long as it was set at
>> the time the master last entered read-write mode (which is what the
>> XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE stuff does) you should be fine, unless of course
>> I haven't had enough caffeine this morning, which is certainly
>> possible.
> Indeed, I forgot this code path. Completing XLogReportParameters for
> saving the state and xlog_redo for replay would be enough.
Wait a minute, I retract this argument. By using this method a master
server would be able to produce WAL files with inconsistent hint bit
data when they are replayed if log_hint_bits is changed after a
restart of the master.
--
Michael

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Status of FDW pushdowns